Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekly sketch #1




Well I decided I'm going to try and post up a weekly sketch/drawing. I don't have much free time to do this type of thing but I think by putting it out there that I'm going to attempt to do post up something once or twice a week will light a fire under my butt to do draw something besides my comic book work.

I will say that some of the stuff I'm going to post will be older sketches and drawings I've done for fun or for commissions.

I figure it's better to post something than nothing!

So I'll get the ball rolling with a drawing I did of my guy 1stMan flying. Some of you might recognize this pose from a drawing the great Jose Luis Garcia Lopez did of Green Lantern. I've only seen this drawing printed in a comic book once and that was back in the early 80's at the top of the letters pages. Now I've seen that it is also a t-shirt, which I bought as soon as I saw it, and wanted to draw my guy in the same pose as a sort of tip of the hat to Jose.

Andy

3 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

Andy,

Yeah baby, post 'em up!

Tim said...

NIce sketch, Andy! Keep 'em coming!

I think I actually saw the original art for that Green Lantern piece about ten years ago for sale at a Con dirt cheap.

Taco Trio Adventures: Champagne, Smith, and Nguyen said...

Tim,

UGH! Don't tell me that I would love to have that original art!!!